Driving School in Gwinnett County
Articles by Abbi's Driving School
• Seat belts are important! Get in the habit early of not taking your car out of parking before EVERYONE in the car has their seat belts on. Almost half of the deaths in passenger accidents involved passengers not having seat belts on. Be a responsible driver and make sure those in your care as you drive arrive safe at your destination.
• Don’t drink and drive! Designated drivers are life savers! Did you know that 1 in 4 driving fatalities involve a driver that was impaired due to alcohol? Don’t let it be your fault!
• Stay in your lane! Did you know that 65% of roadway fatalities occur due to drivers failing to stay in their lane? Stay alert and don’t drift into another driver’s lane.
• Be focused when you drive! 47% of fatalities in Georgia have be single vehicle accident – meaning that the car hit a stationary object like a tree, bridge or sign. This often occurs due to drivers not paying attention to the road by texting, putting on makeup, eating and other distracting activities.
• Watch out for bikers & pedestrians! When you are about to make that right turn make sure that no one is about to cross the street. Pedestrians and bicyclists have been the victims of 16% of car fatalities.
• Don’t text and drive! It’s illegal and has been the source of many accidents. Don’t risk your life or someone else’s – your text can wait!
• Stay awake and alert! If your sleepy and too tired to stay awake make the smart decision and don’t drive. You don't want to wake up in the hospital!
• Know the speed limit! This will help you be a safe driver. The likelihood of an accident increases if you are driving too fast or too slow. Drive aware!
• Don’t tailgate! Following too closely to a car can result in an accident in the case of abrupt stops. Give the car in front of you some room!